Domain (tree) management allows you to define the structure of your organisation, create and update projects or reporting sites. You can expand and deepen the structure as much as needed: divide your organisation into business units and again into teams or similar sub-units and so on. Create the reporting site, project or area to the lowest level of the organisation tree.
How to build your organisation in Quentic App Portal?
1. You can set up sites and projects by going to Administration -> Domains.
2. Click "+Create" and start creating a branch to your domain tree. You can create also new reporting projects or sites here.
3. Fill in at least the following fields:
* Name: Follow the rules your organisation uses when naming domains, sites and projects. Name should be something that users of Quentic App in your organisation can recognise easily.
* Reporting site: When you are setting up your organisation to Quentic App, you have to choose "No" in this part. The reporting site choice defines if this new domain is just a branch in your organisation or an actual site/project where users should be able to report.
No indicates that the domain is a branch in your organisation and users can't report to that specific domain. -icon will appear in the domain tree and also in front of the branch's name.
Choose Yes, if you want to associate a site with reporting. The added domain is a real site or a project and the organisation structure won’t continue further. Reporting sites will be shown in the domain branch with -icon.
It's not possible to change the domain type afterwards.
* Location's responsibility party: Choose the person responsible for that branch or site from the drop-down list.
You can fill all the other fields too so that you describe the branch or site more specific. We suggest you to set the coordinates at least for the reporting sites. Don't forget to save your work!